An Interview with...Pippa Popay

Wednesday 18 September 2024

Meet Pippa Popay the tour manager of Lauren Amour. Pippa has been managing Lauren Amour since 2023 and has helped Lauren with her performance at South Tyneside Festival and support of US Artist Leah on her US tour last year.

Pippa Popay never had being a tour manager on her radar at all, she just loved being around the music industry."Funnily enough, I never had being a tour manager on my 2023 Bingo card! I just know I love being in and around the music industry so I didn’t mind what job it was! Lauren and I have known each other since we first met when I shot a music video for her."

Pippa mentions how she got into being a tour manager by saying yes. "I got into being a Tour Manager just by saying yes to everything! I started out as a photographer but I ended up getting stuck into being a videographer, planning/casting/directing music videos, single launches, assisting at live shows, radio interviews etc literally everything Lauren did I just got involved. "

Pippa goes on to mention if you want to become a tour manager there are a lot of pros involved in it. "Working in the music industry is such a good experience! -Watching the shows backstage, getting to hang out with bigger names in the industry , Watching Lauren and her band smash it on stage and hearing the fans sing along. It can be stressful organising everything smoothly!"

Pippa mentions that she feels like an imposter in the job role but to constantly network if you are wanting to become a Tour Manager. "I feel like an imposter giving advice on a role I’ve not long gotten into but I think in this industry, the best thing to do is just to network, talk to people, offer to take part and just say yes even if you don’t think you can do it!"


Check out the full post on The Indie Files via this link: https://theindiefiless.wordpress.com/2024/05/01/tour-manager-the-female-changing-music/

 

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out