6 Questions with Mike Morrisey

Friday 16 August 2024

Meet Mike Morrisey the man who is running a label and selling out shows in Ibiza with his record label Libero Records. I sat down with him at the start of August and chatted all about his plans for the rest of the year and artists he is loving.

  1. Hi! Thanks for the interview! Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm a 26 year old producer, dj, label owner and music lover from manchester. My life revolves around my career, family and friends. the rest is just a bonus.

2.What made you want to get into music?

I played numerous instruments as a kid but i think watching jamie jones, richie hawtin and carl cox (&more) at parklife festival the day before my maths gcse was the connection to house music and djing. since then, it's been all i've wanted to do and i wouldnt have it any other way. the memories/ experiences and people that i've met on this journey are irreplaceable

 3.What are your plans for the rest of the year?

This year it's all about releasing music consistently and keeping my head down trying to build and progress, not just as a solo artists but also with my team that i run Libero events and records label with. As well as my other more minimal project, Zest Records. If i can do something productive every day to push things forward then i can go to bed a happy man. 

4.What has been the highlight of your career so far?

I've had the pleasure of playing on so many big stages and lineups that it's hard to choose one. I can happily say i've played all of the stages at The Warehouse Project which are amazing every time. Also had the pleasure of playing on The Flying Bus at Glastonbury last year which was special. Walking to your set listening to elton john singing are you ready for love in the background put's into perspective how magical glasto is. 
5.Who are your inspirations music-wise?

In terms of artists, Jamie Jones has shown for years how consistently on point he is. Whilst running numerous different top level labels at the same time. His 'Hot Natured' project was and is really a big inspiration on me an my music. He's going 100mph nowadays with no sing of stopping. 

I also like Joseph Capriati's energy he puts into every set. He also openly plays two styles with ease, grooving tech house in certain environments and then back to his roots with harder techno sounds when he plays on certain lineups too. The passion he shows in every performance is something I admire.

6.And, tell us...who is your favourite upcoming  band/artist you hope others check out.

I've got a few for different sounds. Right now i'm really into Kidoo, Dafs, Gruuvelements, Simone Ellis, Tre Reynolds, Goosey. It's hard to pick just one. My label partners are making some really good music too right now - Luca606 and Dan Costello.


Follow Mike Morrisey on Instagram to find out more about him! https://www.instagram.com/mikemorrisey/


 

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out