6 Questions with Spencer Elmer

Wednesday 24 July 2024

 

Meet Spencer Elmer, the 24-year-old musician who recently released his single 'Tequlia' and came from a Youtube background with 303k subscribers. I sat down with him last week to speak about his journey into music and this is what he said...

  1. Hi! Thanks for the interview! Tell us a bit about yourself.

Thanks for having me! My name is Spencer Elmer, I’m from London and I make chilled UK rap music.


2.What made you want to get into music?


I’ve always been into music from a young age. My Dad was a Northern soul/Jazz DJ and my brother was in a Punk Pop Band so I was always around music growing up.

My first ever CD I bought I was 10 and it was Dr Dre’s 2001 album and from there I just loved everything to do with Hiphop and R&B, I started making music and being in bands playing guitar when I was 13 and its only in the recent few years

I decided to start putting out my own stuff and have been pleasantly surprised with the reaction.


3.What are your plans for the rest of the year?


I’ve started doing more shows this year so I’d say a big portion of my time right now is taken up by rehearsals and festivals & the rest is recording haha, music really is all I think about 24/7.


4.What has been the highlight of your career so far?


I signed an EP Deal in LA beginning of this year so being out in America recording, learning and meeting new people with he same passion has really been a blessing and I’m so grateful for the opportunity.


5.Who are your inspirations music-wise?


I have so so many inspirations but the few I always come back to are Loyle Carner, Mac Miller and Drake.


6.And, tell us...who is your favourite upcoming  band/artist you hope others check out.


I’m a huge fan of an artist called Proph, I can see him flying in the near future so definitely if you aren’t tapped in yet, check him out for sure!



Listen to Spencer's music via this link! https://open.spotify.com/artist/79hHMv2Abnf54m7Nuc5v6c

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out