5 Questions with Molly Meaker

Saturday, 29 August 2026

 

Last week we sat down with Molly Meaker to discuss her plans for the autumn, and what band she recommends us to listen to, this is what she said...

1. What made you want to get into music?
I started playing the viola at 7 years old and attended Saturday school at a conservatoire in central London on Saturdays. Secretly, though, even from a really young age, I had a vision of myself on stage, not as a classical musician, but as a rockstar. I taught myself songwriting, singing and bass, practising all obsessively, and the rest is history.

2. What are your plans for the rest of 2026?
I have so many exciting plans. I'm under strict oath as to what I can share, but I am releasing my debut EP called "Maelstrom" in November, and I'll be spending plenty of time in the studio recording a top-secret-(debut album)-project.

3.  What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Honestly, making my first music video. It was a complete labour of love and took hundreds of hours to hand-make all the costumes and set pieces as well as storyboard and co-direct. I think I will always be immensely proud of and have utter faith in that piece of work. 

4. Who are your inspirations music wise?
A real mixed bag: PJ Harvey, Wolf Alice and Ethel Cain deeply inspired the body of work I'm currently releasing. The songs I've written more recently, though, have a Lana Del Rey, The 1975 and Billie Eilish feel to them. Anthemic, huge and built to fill the largest spaces you can imagine. 

5. Tell us, who is your favourite upcoming  band/artist you hope others check out.
My favourite up-and-coming artists! Gosh, there are so many. There are a few I am seriously excited about, including Ninajirachi, Fat Dog, Shy, Martha Jean, Bed, and Maisi and the disco. 

Check out Molly via this link! https://www.instagram.com/mollysavestheday/

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out