7 Questions with HERÁ

Saturday 10 August 2024

 

You ever heard of HERÁ
? Well, I had the pleasure of sitting down with her last week to discuss the reasons behind her revamp and her plans for the rest of 2024. 

1. What made you want to get into music?
Thanks for having me! For me music has always been an escape. It just made me feel heard and transported me to different worlds. When I started to notice I could sing and write, I wanted my music to be an escape for others.

2. What are your plans for the rest of the year?
I'm currently working on my EP which has been a dream project. I feel like I've finally found my sound. The rest of the year will hopefully be filled with live performances, new music and some cool music videos, which will be HERA'S debut.

3.  What has been the highlight of your career so far?
I would have to say performing my new music for the first time at Sofar Sounds Bombay! It was such a spiritual experience connecting with the audience on my illness journey in the form of music and storytelling. I have also finally got merch. I am in love with my tote bags and to see how much effort and hard work, my best friend, who designed the tote bags and I put into all of that, it makes me very proud.

4. Who are your inspirations music wise?
My vocal inspiration has always been Jessie J, her powerhouse vocals are what fuel me. Right now, I would say my inspiration is By.Alexander for his experimental jazzy tracks. 

5. What made you change your name?
It's simple. I changed. I felt so disconnected from my previous releases, even though they will always hold a special place in my heart, I just never listened to them. Rebranding is not for the faint hearted though, a lot of hours go by on logo creation, online persona etc. I made sure everything was true to me and my music.

6. Who is your favourite upcoming artist or band?
Not that's he's upcoming, but By.Alexander for sure!

Check out Hera on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/heratheartist/



Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out