5 Questions with Victoria Dell

Wednesday 21 February 2024



Photo Credit: @marius_hikari
Victoria Dell  is an independent artist who is killing it in 2024. The success of her music on social media and her constant apperance at London gigs is continuing her success in music. I sat down with her to chat about her plans for 2024.

 1. What made you want to become a musician?

When I’m on stage it’s like the most natural form of serotonin for me. I love sharing a moment with the audience and the musicians on stage. I feel that I’ve always been a musician in my soul. I’m born with a gift that I embraced to turn it into a career.2. What has been the highlight of your career?One of my favourite moments has been when I won The Voice Kids in Switzerland when I was 14 years old. This gave me the opportunity to record a single at Abbey Road Studios in London which inspired my move there a few years later.3. What makes you stand out as a musician? 
In terms of my visions, I’m the kind of person that won’t allow myself to have any limitations as to how I can achieve them. I don’t like to let an aesthetic, or an idea fall short simply because I don’t have the budget or the resources. I think this is reflected in the professional and high standard outcomes of my art, and my music. To follow, I think I have a strong ability to connect with others to further benefit my work.
4. How has your experience been as a female in the industry? I would say that as a woman in the industry I had to be confident enough to believe that I know what I’m talking about. There is always a certain idea that a woman can only be a singer but in reality she is as talented in other things such as writing and producing. At the beginning, I felt that I was not good enough to do anything else. Going to university in London taught me to learn other skills and get confident at it.
5. What's your plans for 2024?I have a new single coming out in March and I'm working on a music video for it. I’m manifesting a Spotify editorial playlist for this track and BBC Introducing play ! I’m also creating a band and hope to start playing some gigs with them later on in the year.

Check out Victoria Dell here! https://www.instagram.com/victoriadell._/ 

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out