6 Questions with Keiran Bowe

Saturday 8 July 2023

 

Photo Credit: @scottcharltonphotoandvideo
We caught up with Kieran Bowe before his headline gig at Bobiks on Friday 7th July 2023 and here is what he had to say.

1. Hi Keiran! Congrats at the gig at Bobiks! What other gigs can fans look forward to for this summer?
Thanks for having me lasses. This summer's actually a strange one, we've obviously got this headliner and then 3 dates with Reverend and the makers but other than that we're super busy behind the scenes with new materials and plans for the new year.

2. Tell us a bit about who you are and your past music?
I'm a singer songwriter from Low Fell in Gateshead, love nothing more than a pint of Guinness and obsessed with football and Newcastle united, with a mild addiction to vapes, it's a fantastic diet really. 

3. What made you want to get into music?
I grew up on music, T-rex, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, The Verve etc pretty much soundtracked my childhood. I didn't really discover any 'musical talent' until I was about 18. I realised, after experiencing something, pretty traumatic, that I could actually put pen to paper and write a song and well, 7 years later, here I am.

4. How does it feel having a sold out Headline show at Bobiks?
It's hard to articulate really. It's been a while since we've done a headliner so obviously when this was announced me and the lads were buzzing. Bobiks is one of the few venues we haven't already headlined and it's deed cosy and when it's rammed, it's very intimate and sweaty. It was a no brainer to have it there. The fact it's sold out is just humbling really, to know that there's people that support the scene and want to actually come see you live, it keeps me going. 

5. Tell us about the artists who are supporting you? 
Bear Park and Cane Rogue, I'll start with the latter. Cane Rogue are very new, and I caught them at an intimate little gig at Mosiac Tap a couple of months back, they bring a lot of energy, literally the perfect band to open a show with. Bear Park, what a lovely daft bunch. I've known Shay (lead singer) a while without really knowing him, if that makes sense? His mams been mates with my mam for years etc but I FINALLY caught them last year in Stockton. They're class, talented bunch of lads and am properly looking forward to having them with us. 

6. Last question, who is an North East Artist/Band who you think people should check out?
This is a hard one, there is so much talent in the North East and so many that I've made friends with. I'm going to go with Callum Pitt, simply because his new album is stunning, the songs are beautifully written (especially 'more than this') highly recommend you should check him out.


Check out Keiran Bowe here: https://www.instagram.com/keiranbowe/




Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out