5 QUESTIONS WITH...Sir Jude

Friday 18 November 2022

 

photo credit: @africangangs

We sat down with Sir Jude after she released her debut album 'Revelations' on November 18th and chatted through about what this meant for her, what she found the best about being an artist, and what to look forward too for the future. 

  1. Hi! So tell us, how are you feeling for your album release?
    Incredibly nervous, stupidly excited and overall relieved. It’s been a long time coming.

  2. What you can tell us about your album ‘Revelations’ which releases on November 18th?
    I’ve written a soundtrack to every thought of indecision, heartbreak, redemption, hope, called out toxic masculinity, and pushed boundaries to embrace what being woman means to me. It’s a reclaim on power, and an intrinsic thought process to encouraging a better relationship with myself.

  3. What was the best bit about recording your album?
    The best part about it was bringing a beautiful team of friends (people that I trust) together so I could push myself and be encouraged to say things I’ve always feared. I wanted to test myself and be as transparent as possible. The best music comes from being entirely unapologetic and if it weren’t for the people I collaborated with, I’m not sure I would have been as brave or at least gone to that end.

       4.What is the difference between this album to your previous music?
        I think I have a lot more clarity with this album. Although Dreamlands has a story, I’m not sure it was as intentional as what I’ve created with Revelations. I wanted to story and the sonic world that we created to be seamless and consistent, where ultimately each song points to the same underlying theme. At the time of writing Dreamlands, I was still trying to understand who I was as an artist; now I don’t think it's ever felt so clear.

5. So, tell us what’s your goals and plans for the rest of the year?                                                       

I’ve just moved to London so I just want to explore the territory and play as many shows as I can. Being able to translate this music in a live setting is important to me and I want to share that with as many people as possible. 

Instagram: @sirjude

Written by: Chloe Gudgin

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out