5 Questions with Wonderlux

Saturday, 3 October 2026

 

A few weeks ago we sat down with Wunderlux to discuss what they have to look forward too for the rest of 2026, this is what they said...

1. What made you want to get into music?

I’ve always loved music since I was a kid, I started learning violin and piano when I was 4! My uncle is a self-taught jazz guitarist and I always loved hearing him play, he showed me my first 2 chords on guitar when I was about 10 and I continued to learn guitar from there. I’ve always enjoyed creative writing since I was in school and I love the creative process of songwriting.  

2. What are your plans for the rest of 2026?

Things have slowed down a lot for us this year, I’ve been playing a handful of solo shows here and there, and so for the rest of the year I’m focusing mainly on finished writing and recording our debut EP! The songs are pretty much ready to go, if you’ve been to a recent show you’ll have heard the stripped back versions of the new songs. I’m really excited to finally have them recorded in their final form and released for everyone to hear. It’s been a long time coming. 

3.  What has been the highlight of your career so far?

Playing Victorious festival in 2025 was definitely up there as a big moment for the band. We have so much fun and had no idea we’d have such a cool crowd! We were fortunate enough to have “Look Now” featured on their Friday highlights reel which was really cool! Playing our first in-store for Record Store Day at The Rock Box was also a real special moment as that’s something I’ve always wanted to do, such a lovely bunch of people and Stonny the Donny were great too! 

4. Who are your inspirations music wise?
Vocally I’m really inspired by Stevie Nicks and Florence Welch. Their use of vibrato and the raw power behind their voices is like nothing else to me. Freddie Mercury is another example. Musically I started out writing folk songs, influenced by the likes of Laura Marling, which is where I first discovered open tunings. The dream-pop/alternative rock influence came later when I started listening to bands like Alvvays, Airiel and My Bloody Valentine. I was like “That sounds so cool, it’s like folk but heavy!”. I became such a pedal-whore after that.

 5. Tell us, who is your favourite upcoming  band/artist you hope others check out.

Doops are one of my favourite up-and-comers, they are also the loveliest bunch of dudes! I recently played a show with Big Fear who are for fans of female-fronted synth pop. Gans are also incredible, they’re set for amazing things. Also, shout out to my boys in Buds., if you know you know.

Check out Wonderlux via this link! https://www.instagram.com/wonderluxband/


Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out