7 Questions with Vice Killer

Thursday 2 May 2024

 

photo credit: @nostalgia_kid
Meet Vice Killer, the band from County Durham that consists of Thomas Low , James Langan, Jack Lagan and Lewis Muir. The band released their anticipated EP 'Keep Fighting On' on May 2nd and I had the pleasure of interviewing them a few weeks back and this is what they said.

  1. How did you go about forming Vice Killer? We formed Vice Killer in 2020 after the first lockdown of covid, James (Lead guitarist) was an old school mate of mine. I hadn't heard from him in a long time, and he got in touch to sell me an acoustic guitar. I started writing songs because of that, so I sent him the songs I'd written. Then his brother Jack (Bass) and his friend Lewis (Drummer) joined. 
  2. What got you into music? My parents got me into music from a young age, watching Billy Elliott and listening to the soundtrack is the first memory. My parents went and got me the best of Bowie, T-Rex and The Jam straight after watching it. I also bought Green Day's 'American Idiot' as it had just come out! 
  3. What has been the biggest achievement of your career so far? I think selling shows out in both Newcastle and Sunderland multiple times, mostly because we aren't even from that part of the North East. So we were really proud of that. But recording an album is what we're most proud of.
  4. What do you think the North East music industry suceeds at? I think the North East music industry is really at its peak, every village, town within the area seems to have so many great artists . Every gig I go to always has character, and the crowds are always loving. 
  5. What makes your band stand out against others? I've always been obsessed with storytelling, every song lyrically will have something to relate to no matter who you are. Every song we've written is different, which makes every song unique. 
  6. What are the plans for 2024 for Vice Killer? We have just released our latest single 'The Dark Side of the Railway (Sunny)' which will feature on our upcoming EP 'Keep On Fighting On' to be released 2nd May 2024. This will be our first release available on vinyl. 
  7. What band or musician would you recommend for others to listen too? A band called 'HMRC' based in Newcastle. I've seen them live once, and are a band I'll definitely be keeping an eye on. 
Check out the brand new EP 'Keep Fighting On' via  this link:   https://open.spotify.com/album/3U1WTYGcgrSZhclZIXtZuZ

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out