Meet Kitty Fitz with 'All Her Own Stunts'

Friday 21 April 2023

 

Photo Credit: @lilydodgiephotography
Kitty Fitz released her new highly anticipated EP All My Own Stunts on Thursday 20th April so, we decided to sit down with the musician to hear all her thoughts...

1. What was the inspiration behind your EP?
My EP was inspired by different situations and feelings I went through in both friendships and relationships in the past few years. I chose a mixture of songs, one being the oldest song I reckon I'll release (Malibu) which warped and changed over years of playing it live and experimenting  with production, and one that came out fully formed and barely altered from it's demo state (All My Life)

2What was the one thing you are looking forward to with releasing the EP?
I'm really looking forward to hearing people's interpretations of the meanings of the songs, and letting them finally hear them as a set and hear them flow in the order that I've intended them to be listened to. I've ordered them chronociollogy, and almost feel like you can make different stories out of an EP based on that. 

3. Do you have any tours/shows coming up?
I have an EP launch on April 22nd, followed by a support slot for FARCE at the Old Blue Last on May 14th. I have some more in the works too, and it would be a dream to tour at some point.

4. What would your advice be to upcoming musicians?
I'd say make sure you are making music for yourself and not for anyone else. It can be so easy to imagine how you'll be perceived and incorporate that into your process, especially in the current climate of Tiktok and wanting someone to be relatable, quotable or danceable. It feels like the industry is desperate to make you sing about certain things, sound a certain way, pander to a certain audience but it's important to just have your own message and style, otherwise you will lose your love for it! And just have fun with it.

5. And to end these questions, which musician would you recommend readers to listen to?
I really love my friend's band Bug's teeth! They have such an ethereal sound and their music is such a tool for escapsim.














Post a Comment

About Me

About Me

I'm Chloe and I'm the editor of Odd Girl Out. Odd Girl Out focuses on independent artists and creating a space for music to be heard. We want to be able to be the voice for upcoming artists and to share artists you have never heard of!
© Odd Girl Out